We provide clients with information about:
- Child care
- Medical and financial assistance including applying for Crime Victim’s Compensation
We also assist clients with accessing public assistance such as:
- TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families)
- SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, also known as “food stamps”)
- CHIP (Children’s Health Insurance Program)
We have many of these applications and can help you fill them out.
- Crime Victims Compensation
- Protective Order applications
- Legal Aid applications
- VINE—Victim Information Notification
Legal Advocates also accompany clients through legal proceedings, to court hearings, appointments with law enforcement or with criminal justice and to file a police report.
ALL services are FREE and CONFIDENTIAL to residents of Hays and Caldwell Counties, in several locations throughout the area to make it convenient for you. Please call to make an appointment Monday through Friday, 9 am – 5 pm, at 1-800-700-HCWC or 512-396-3404. Services are provided in English and Spanish.