We provide clients with information about:
- Child care
- Medical and financial assistance including applying for Crime Victim’s Compensation
We also assist clients with accessing public assistance such as:
- TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families)
- SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, also known as “food stamps”)
- CHIP (Children’s Health Insurance Program)
We have many of these applications and can help you fill them out.
- Crime Victims Compensation
- Protective Order applications
- Legal Aid applications
- VINE—Victim Information Notification
Legal Advocates also accompany clients through legal proceedings, to court hearings, appointments with law enforcement or with criminal justice and to file a police report.
ALL services are FREE and CONFIDENTIAL to residents of Hays and Caldwell Counties, in several locations throughout the area to make it convenient for you. Walk-ins welcome during regular hours of operation, Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm. For more information about how to access immediate crisis intervention and advocacy services and/or to schedule an appointment, please call 1-800-700-HCWC or 512-396-3404. Services are provided in English and Spanish.
This post is also available in: Spanish